JOB TITLE: CFO
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
Penney Retirement Community is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Penney Farms, Florida, which is about 40 miles south of Jacksonville and about 45 miles northeast of Gainesville. Penney is a Christian retirement community with over 500 seniors.
JOB SUMMARY: The CFO will work directly with the CEO and the Board appointed Finance and Audit Committees. The CFO will serve on the corporation’s Board of Directors as an ex officio (non-voting) member.
- Oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes, and keep senior leadership abreast of Penney’s financial status.
- Leads the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Support the CEO in engaging the Board’s Audit and Finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Assist in organizational cash flow forecasting by working to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Assist in tracking the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Participate in the tracking of all planned-giving designated funds, grant tracking requirements, endowment management, and other areas as indicated.
- Collaborate and share responsibilities for compliance, human resources management, vendor management, and other areas as indicated.
- Responsible for preparing and filing all required regulatory reports to include those to the Florida office of Insurance Regulation, Centers for Medicare/Medicaid, IRS and others
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor Degree (B.A.) is required from a four-year college or university; Master’s preferred. CPA license is preferred but not required, and knowledge and experience in a non-profit atmosphere is a plus. Continuing Care Retirement Community experience is preferred. Three to six years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting, audit, and budget analysis, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to executive teams.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Penney’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CEO, the responsibility for finance.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, Board, and other outside partners.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : Finance